Monday, January 22, 2007

MY FAVORITE MEAT IS MEAT

Let me be more specific. I like meat, and I especially love good meat, like fall off the bone fatty short-ribs meat and savory tender strip steak meat and musky salty lamb chop meat and fresh red juicy hamburger meat. That's the kind of meat I mean, but, you know, I can't get it all the time. Which, actually, is for the better, because an overload of meat, good or not, is bad for the belly and bad for the heart and I want this thing to pump forever. Or at least another 70 years.

This is all just to say that I have eaten the steak and eggs at Schiller's on Rivington. Forgive me: they were mediocre. So tough and so small.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keir said...

Yo, checking in after too long away. Nice to see that your writing continues to rule. Got this to say about the last few posts:

1-you know I love the William Carlos Williams tribute. Sorry if I go ahead and assume that it was (at least a bit) for me.

2-Cod. It'll all be gone very soon. Sorry about that too.

3-Activa. Same shit + different packaging = marketing genius. Buy a big-ass jug of Turkish yoghurt and eat two big spoonfuls a day. Same results in your intestines. Less packaging in your trash.

Keep it up.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

so glad you're back!

apologies unnecessary. always!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home