Wednesday, November 29, 2006

TINY THAI CAFE - BIG ON NOT BEING GOOD

Today's lunch sucked tiny Thai he-she balls. I love Thai food, it's practically my favorite, so being disappointed when it doesn't work out feels major.

I, with moderate guilt, decided to indulge my craving for greasy, spicy, stir-fried rice noodles. I mean, I know Pad Kee Mao isn't The Most Nutritious meal, but sometimes it's The Most Delicious. Or at least: Up There. In any case, there are plenty of Thai restaurants near where I work, but I'm not sure any of them are good. So I Menupaged a bunch and found Tiny Thai Cafe, which had good reviews and a decent lunch special.

I should have known from their logo that things would end bad. I mean, the "T" is FROWNING!

To its credit, Tiny Thai Cafe's "spicy" noodles were packed with vegetables and a decent amount of tofu, but in spite of the impressive quantity, the quality was lacking. Both the tofu and broccoli, carrots, and zucchini were a soggy, mopey mess. Which would make you think the dish was super-oily, right? WRONG! At least some oil would maybe have imparted, oh, I don't know, FLAVOR?! This was The Least Flavorful Thai Food I have ever eaten! It was vaguely spicy, but I'm pretty sure dried, pizza-joint red-pepper flakes were the reason. I saw Holy Basil in the mix, but I sure as hell didn't taste it.

I really didn't taste much, and believe me: I finished the entire, generous portion, just to make sure.

Bland! Boooo! Now MY "T" is frowning.

I don't know what that means, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home