Tuesday, April 24, 2007

GOOD BABY

Congratulations, Avner! Today, my friend, you are a Put It In Your Mouth VIP. Seriously, I have never seen anyone, baby or adult, so keen on Putting It In His/Her Mouth. At this point in your short life, Mommy's Nipple is just as good as Random Spoon, Soft-Cover Book, Own Foot, My Hair, Own Fist, Pacifier, Mommy's Other Nipple, Fortune Cookie Wrapper, My Glasses, and your Own Other Foot. Oh, and BTW, Avner, you are crazy flexible! If it weren't inappropriate to say so I'd admit to a slight envy of your physical flexibility (for sexual reasons, natch) but I would never say so because that is a sick thing to say in front of a baby. And you are a baby, you are, and I really am not one for babies, I mean I'm picky, I play favorites, I only really like the good babies, the sweet, smart, wise-eyed, old-souled babies, and you, Avner, you are a Good Baby. You are one of my favorites, and I really admire you. I admire the way you explore the world because you explore it with your mouth. I can't say it's a courageous way to approach things, because you're not conscious of what you're really doing, but I do think it's brave in its own way. Because you have no fear. And you shouldn't; your mama is there to make sure you only put safe things In Your Mouth. You are a lucky dude. You are more than that: you are Really Something! I like you and I like eating with you and I like watching you eat and not eat. You remind me of what I used to be, and how far I've come. Congratulations to you for being awesome and to me for appreciating it out of my own self-centered nostalgia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home