Thursday, April 12, 2007

LUGER'S

It's just a restaurant, I know, but I've never been. I promised myself that I would go only after I felt I'd really earned it. Never knowing what that meant, earning it, deserving it, I've kept a Luger's steak dinner on a pedestal so large that I might as well be Thumbelina. Besides that, I never bothered to define what precise goal, when reached, would be enough for me to finally taste that perfect Brooklyn Porterhouse.

But what a week it's been. Incredible lows, hard work, difficult decisions, sad sad sad, real Adult Stuff, and, then! Out of nowhere, a phone call, some good news, an incredible high. And then another. And another! I had been so discouraged, and now it's raining, it's pouring. Well, it couldn't come at a better time. This good rain; it's hiding my tears. And suddenly, Luger's, your steak dinner: I'm so close I can taste it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you been to Regate on Orchard btwn Houston and Stanton? looking for an impartial opinion...two French borthers opened the joint. yummy, cheap, but more taste buds could help me figure it out if it's gonna last. thanks for your time.

6:12 PM  
Blogger spo said...

STEAK! EAT IT!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Keir said...

Meg, remember when I decided to be a vegetarian for a year? At the end of it, Mom was supposed to cook a filet mignon for me as a reward for making it through the year. But I couldn't eat it. I no longer wanted the reward I had promised myself. (Mom actually promised me.) That's when I became a real vegetarian, replacing my diet of chocolate and cheese with chocolate and cheese and vegetables from then on. Point is: claim your reward, or you'll end up like me.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

tt: haven't been to regate, but only because i think the font on their awning is a turn-off. comic sans? COME ON!

spo: OKAY! FINE! I WILL!

keir: i remember. good point.

11:29 AM  
Blogger spo said...

I can help if you want to!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home