Monday, March 12, 2007

MONSTER MOVIE, YOU'RE MAKING ME HUNGRY

So lately my favorite food is Korean food (I'm addicted to any and all kinds of kimchi) and lately my favorite movies are Korean. Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance and Old Boy come to mind, and this weekend I saw The Host and it's pretty terrific. It's just one of the scariest, funniest movies I've seen in a long time, and I'm probably going to see it again just because it was good enough for a second viewing.

I write about it here because really, a lot of the movie's more subtle themes are about selling and stealing food, hunger, the threat of starvation, and being eaten alive (not a subtle theme, exactly). MY life's subtle themes are about all of those things, too! At least: I perceive them to be.

I don't want to give too much away because that would spoil the fun, but if I were a monster I would probably be The Host, because he/she/it was one very hungry monster. Also, I love food scenes in movies, and The Host had a particularly great one featuring instant ramen. If you see it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home