Thursday, March 23, 2006

JERK IT!

Today's attempt at a cheap-yet-satisfying lunch pretty much hit the mark. And how could it not? I returned to my first food love, the food love from which I should never have strayed. It feels so GOOD to be reunited!

Let me explain:

My FIRST, my FAVORITE, my most SATISFYING food was, is, and will always be...

SOUP!

I LOVE SOUP!
SOUP IS SO GOOD!
IT'S A MEAL YOU CAN SIP!
THERE ARE SO MANY VARIETIES!
AND IT IS A COMPASSIONATE FOOD!

I started eating soup when I didn't have teeth, and I will continue to eat it should I lose them.

I was reminded of this love today with my $4 16 oz. cup of Jerk Chicken soup from the "Soup Guy," aka the Guy who sells Soup on the corner of my office building. He was such a good "Soup Guy" that he even threw in a free, fresh roll with my order. Which I used to sop up all my deliciously spicy, not-too-thick and not-too-thin Jerk Chicken soup. I've never ordered soup with this title, but it was damn tasty. So damn tasty that I ignored its steaming warning and burnt my tongue not once, not twice, but thrice in my overeager consumption of it.

I guess I got a little excited about getting back together with SOUP. But now I know where we stand, me and SOUP: it will always be there for me, and I for it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Hungry said...

I love soup too (so much so that i'll end this sentence with an exclamation point)!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home