Wednesday, April 05, 2006

THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

Gross. Something just occurred to me as I was eating my free Chicken Pad Thai (my producer was generous with his lunch budget today): is it morally wrong to combine an unborn chicken fetus with adult chicken meat and call it lunch? Because there is a lot of egg in my Pad Thai, and quite a bit of chicken meat as well. And I'm sure egg-laying chickens are kept separate from slaughtered chickens, so it's unlikely that I'm eating Mother and Child in these industrialized times, but still...it just seems like the most egregious insult to Nature!

Which is, like, not entirely appetizing. I should probably try not to think so much about shit like this, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that the theory with Muslums and Jews not eating meat with milk? The gross factor? Maybe you hit on a new prohibition for religionists. What a great question to pose to the sages of our times.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

terrific! i'm always looking to inspire people to become more fanatically religious...

4:37 PM  
Blogger spo said...

don't feel bad. The egg is unfertilized.
the chicken on the other hand, probably raped to death.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home