Thursday, April 06, 2006

POLAND SPRING: WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A KLUTZ

I have a somewhat embarrassing confession to make:

I don't like water.
At least, I don't like DRINKING water.
I love to bathe in it, shower in it, swim in it, and live near to it.
But I HATE THE TASTE!

Don't tell me that water has no taste. It DOES! It tastes like NOTHING! Which is exactly WHY I don't like drinking it! It feels WEIRD to swallow something that tastes like NOTHING!

This, of course, leaves me in a state of perpetual dehydration, as I don't really go in for other beverages like soda, milk, or juice. I like milkshakes and smoothies, but those are practically MEALS you can sip. I am pretty much addicted to coffee and tea, and while they are comprised almost entirely of water, they are not considered thirst-quenchers. Or are they? I consider them quite "quenchy" actually.

In any case, I've been TRYING to drink more water, because it's "supposedly" good for you and I am partial to taking care of myself.

So today I went into the Corporate Kitchen where I work in an attempt to refill my month-old Gatorade bottle with some fresh Poland Spring. When I arrived, the Poland Spring Water Cooler was empty. But there were replacement water jugs on a table to the side, weighing approximately 50 lbs. each.

I'm strong, right?! And the Lord helps those who help themselves, right?!

WRONG-O! BIG-TIME ERRONEOUS MAXIM!

Because when I helped myself, by lifting this 50 lb. plastic Poland Spring Water Cannon and peeling its spout open and THEN trying to flip it upside down into the cooler I MADE A HUGE WET MESS ALL OVER MYSELF AND THE KITCHEN. I basically flooded the vending machine next to it, soaked my jeans and shirt, SQUEALED OUT LOUD FOR A LENGTH OF TIME THAT CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS HUMILIATING, and then, in trying to gather paper towels from the paper towel dispenser, managed to BREAK THE DISPENSER in my panic/enthusiasm.

When someone walked in from another department and saw what I had done I meekly whispered, "...I...uh...I broke...the...I broke...the...kitchen." And this person had the GALL to suggest to me that maybe next time I ask someone else to replace the Poland Spring Water Jugs.

This water: the drinking of it? Dangerous business.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some have defined differences between swimming and drinking. Some like both at the same time. You do seem to to prefer the all at once approach. It's not so bad really. Water is a metaphor.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all wet and it was warm out lately, so it must've been a wet t-shirt...

i'm thinking bout drinking sometin' else now...

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water is amazing. As for the taste, you are right...pretty bland. Except, if you drink it with chocolate ice cream (or chocolate, in general). The combo of chocolate and water is truly wonderful. Re: the benefits of water - I am under the impression that proper hydration reduces the need for the application of chapstick and moisturizer. It can also be used (in its 'universal solvent' capacity) after meals to wash away the sugar and gunk that leads to tooth decay (if brushing your teeth is not an option). Furthermore, I think adequate hydration dilutes the stink in sweat. So I say, continue to take the risk and replace the bottle.

Oh yeah, I have no scientific proof for any of this.
-Sean T.

4:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban uk, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, converse pas cher, coach purses, true religion outlet, nike huaraches, polo lacoste, mulberry uk, ralph lauren uk, sac hermes, nike air max, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, nike air force, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, nike trainers uk, uggs outlet, longchamp uk, burberry outlet, nike roshe run uk, guess pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance, hogan outlet, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, hollister, timberland pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, north face, michael kors outlet, lululemon canada, hollister uk, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet

11:19 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, converse outlet, north face outlet, celine handbags, mont blanc pens, toms shoes, wedding dresses, bottega veneta, beats by dre, ghd hair, vans, gucci, hollister clothing, mcm handbags, ralph lauren, instyler, north face outlet, babyliss, jimmy choo outlet, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, vans outlet, supra shoes, karen millen uk, converse, chi flat iron, reebok outlet, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, p90x workout, timberland boots, montre pas cher, nike air max, insanity workout, hollister, ray ban, oakley, baseball bats, hermes belt, lancel, nike roshe run, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, new balance shoes, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes

11:21 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, wedding dresses, links of london, swarovski, hollister, pandora uk, moncler, doudoune moncler, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, moncler, replica watches, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler uk, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, ugg, canada goose jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg uk, moncler outlet

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home