Thursday, July 06, 2006

LITTLE THINGS

There should be more freebies. In everything, but as this is a food blog (I write this here to remind myself, not you), I'm talking specifically about freebies in the food world. The tasters. The samples. The sweet treats you might never try were they not cradled in tiny paper cups or skewered by a miniscule toothpick. The sweet gulp of wine. The passed hors d'oeuvres. The bread basket. The amuse-bouche. The chocolate on the pillow. The extra pickle.

I live in the United States. If all goes well, I will never be hungry. But still, the freebie never ceases to thrill me. I will never say no to just a little taste. Something so small; it means so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are so right. We love the little tasties, especially when there is a big variety, and especially when it is all for free. Yummies! And by the way, how was your fourth?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home