Sunday, June 18, 2006

I LIKE ICE CREAM

An Empirical Truth:

There is nothing more joyful than licking an ice-cream cone on a warm night, when both the calendar and the weather are on the cusp of summer. I love the texture of the cool, sweet cream, and I love the feeling of balmy, breezy air against my skin; the two together are perfection.

Something in the mechanism of eating ice-cream, the way we take it in, is rapturously innocent and animal. I love that, too. And I give the process of eating ice-cream high marks for its "pure-pleasure" factor. There is no need for it; it exists only to make one feel good. And it succeeds more consistently than any other purely pleasurable experience. When have I been let down by ice-cream? Pretty much never. It's my go-to good time, and I'm so grateful for its invention. And as long as I'm expressing gratitude, I'll add a thank-goodness that I'm not lactose intolerant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Yeah it's good, a good time, pint at a time, no cone, tho I like the sugar cones, the brown ones, graham cracker-like? Love ice cream.

Hope you got over the cold, flu, whatever, ice cream is good any time.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Oh, PS, just as I posted that I thought, man, some homemade snowcream would be great right now. Nothing compares.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home