Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OFF THE RECORD

Shhh! This post doesn't count, okay? SOTTO VOCE, capiche?!

My taste may be suspect: I kind of think Dallas BBQ is DELICIOUS.

OOPS!

I KNOW! You don't have to tell me: all my legitimacy (oh, you glorious mountains of legitimacy!) just got flushed down the pooper.

Hear me out: I spent less than $10 tonight on a bbq-sauce-slathered quarter chicken with a mountain of fries and a giant square of cornbread and, yes, I'll admit it, it tasted so good that I ate with what I like to call God's Cutlery (my hands) and gave said Cutlery a tongue-cleaning so elaborate that nary a bbq-sauced cornbread-crumb escaped the trenches of my digestive system. Yes indeed: IT TASTED THAT GOOD!

I think Dallas BBQ's bbq sauce is exceptional; it is tangy and slightly spicy and absent of any cloyingness that I find to be the ruin of other bbq sauces. Also: Dallas BBQ's bbq sauce tastes great on their chicken, even greater on their fries, and most greatest on their cornbread, which I pre-slathered with butter and then dipped in that lip-smacking red stuff.

The place is packed for a reason, and I don't think it's just because the food costs so little. Their honey-dipped deep-fried chicken wing appetizer is big n' tasty enough to inspire moral outrage; wings of that size should not (and do not) exist in nature, neither should they be battered, tortured in oil, and then coated in sticky honey, BUT THEY ARE, and when they enter my face-hole I can think of no greater happiness. Same for the deep-fried onion loaf. It's like a Bloomin' Onion but Loafier, and it's so yummy I think it made me a little bit retarded the last time I had it. Like, a part of my frontal lobe was lost, but as long as that lobe doesn't control taste buds, I'm okay with that.

I'm not one for lying and cover-ups, but this conversation never happened. I have a reputation to uphold. Hold on: no I don't. Not anymore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll back you up on this one. I've been addicted since I first tried Dallas BBQ. I still crave it constantly. WHY MUST YOU BE SO GOOD?!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

me too. it's plausible to eat healthy here, steamed vegetables and baked potato and chicken breasteses. but when i do, i immediately return a week later and coke-snort a giant texas margarita up my nose.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home